In the current political climate it's easy to focus on what drives us apart. Today we want to celebrate International Women's Day together because equity is for all of us.
-Show Some Love: A phone call to your mom, or buying a drink for your co-worker who is breaking all of the glass ceilings can show the women in your life that they are loved and respected.
- Shop Smart: Statistics show that women are responsible for the majority of purchases made in the US. If you need to shop, make sure to support women-owned companies.
- Read/Watch Female: Relax with a great book, movie or TV show that was created by women. Our amazing new book club pick by the talented Helen Oyeyemi is a great place to start. Catch up on Broad City or any of Shonda Rhimes' shows (Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How To Get Away With Murder are three of her most popular).
For the politically active
- A Day Without Women: Sign the pledge, and then go on strike for the justice and rights of those who are gender-oppressed.
- If you can't join the strike, here are some other great ways to show support.
- No matter how you identify, now is a great time to focus on self-care. Whether that means a long bath, a quiet hike, or a mental-health day off of work -- take time out to do something for yourself.