Whether the sun is shining or you're watching the snow build up outside your window - stress isn't exclusive to any time or place. Sure, stress is a natural part of life, but things can easily get out of hand when anxiety takes over. You may be going to the doctor more for headaches, or having break outs on your jaws and cheeks, or noticing that your hair is shedding a bit faster than usual. These can all be signs that your stress has gone too far!
What can you do about it? Look inward first. As RuPaul says, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
1. Self Care: Do what works for you. Maybe it's a cup of herbal tea and sitting down with a good book an hour before bedtime. Or a run in the park. For some, there is nothing better than soaking in the tub with a good salt, novel, and glass of wine.
2. Sleep: You may have noticed in the last section that we used the phrase "bedtime." That was no joke! Your body and mind need r&r to recover. So find a routine that gives your brain the rest it needs!
3. Get Moving: The word exercise can evoke stress in many of us, so we're avoiding it. Move in a way that makes you happy. Go for a long walk, try something new like boxing or rowing, check out that rock climbing place you've been meaning to go to. We're big fans of yoga for stress relief, and with so many free videos online, there's no reason not to give it a try!
4. Treat Yourself: Don't make skincare a chore! Rub on a healing mask and lay back to relax. After rinsing it off, mist your face off (bonus points if you keep your toning mist in the fridge for a cooling treat). Top it all of with our favorite everyday indulgence, a facial massage with the Restorative Face Serum that will leave you looking and feeling fabulous.
5. Do something about it! If your concerns are political, check out ways that you can turn your stress into action!